Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:42 AM

Default 1988 Never in Service SSP

Not mine. VIN from the Marti Report: 1FABP40E7JF172263

Quoting the listing:

Quote:
1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 SSP coupe for sale ONLY. No trades!

I'm considering selling my Mustang. I do NOT have to sell the car so I will not be low balled on it. I enjoy driving the car and if I can't get what I want out of it then I will keep it no questions asked. First off, let me start by saying that this is a true 5.0/5-speed car. It has 156k original miles and it has NOT been converted. The car is Oxford White with blue cloth interior. This is the original engine and transmission that came in the car. This car was equipped with the SSP (Special Service Package) from the factory which means it would have been a State Trooper car but it was never used in service. It was sold out of Damerow Ford in Beaverton, Oregon as a civilian vehicle. I've dealt with Fox Body Mustangs for lots of years now and have owned several myself and I have yet to find one even close to being this nice that hasn't been restored. The body, paint, interior, engine and transmission etc are all original. Every single VIN tag is intact and in place and both buck tags (State Trooper cars came with 2) are both intact and in place. This Mustang is 1 of 1,950 for this year to have the factory radio delete and antenna delete.

The body and paint are easily a 9-9.5/10. The front and rear bumpers appear to have been painted before and are in decent shape. The rest of the paint on the car is near flawless aside from some rock chips which have been touched up and there is NO RUST! The clear coat is nice and smooth with no pitting, fading, peeling or any of that. The quarter windows which are notorious for being bad on these cars are in great shape. They're still soft to the touch. I would give the interior a 9/10 also. There is a small pick on the drivers seat as soon as you open the drivers door. The headliner, carpet, dash, all plastic pieces are in excellent shape. The map light works perfectly and the ash tray door opens and closes phenomenally. The car appears to have never been smoked in in its entire life. The headlights have been replaced at some point with OEM replacements and they're perfect (no yellowing or hazing). A lot of maintenance items and aftermarket parts have been added or replaced recently....

Maintenance:

- New water pump
- New radiator
- New 180* thermostat
- New heater hoses (replaced both)
- New Serpentine belt
- Oil was changed 500 miles ago with Castrol part synthetic 10w30 oil and a new Motorcraft FL-1A oil filter.
- New Motorcraft copper spark plugs gapped at 0.054
- New Ford Racing 9mm spark plug wires
- New Accel Distributor Cap & Rotor button with brass contacts.
- New Motorcraft fuel filter
- New Wagner brake rotors up front with new Evolution ceramic pads
- Drum brakes turned in the rear with new brake shoes
- Clutch was replaced with an OE replacment 15k or so ago

Aftermarket parts:
- New Weld Racing Draglite wheels. 15x3.5 in the front and 15x8 in the rear with brand new (less than 500 miles) tires all the way around.
- BBK fenderwell mount cold air intake
- BBK Off Road X-Pipe
- Flowmaster 1 Chamber mufflers with stainless Flowmaster tailpipes
- Rearend completely rebuilt with all new bearings and a new Ford Racing 3.73 gear. 21 tooth speedometer gear was installed at the time of the gear install to make sure the speedometer reads correct.

The only known issue with the car is that the power steering pump does whine. It's not very loud like most of them but it does whine and it does leak some fluid. The car is 100% mechanically sound otherwise. It doesn't smoke, tick or make any funny noises. Transmission shifts fine with no grinding and clutch is in great shape. Timing has been advanced to 14 degrees. It has been converted to R134A and the A/C is ICE COLD! It will literally blow ice cubes out of the vents lol and the heat works great. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car to California and back today. I drive it to work once or twice a week depending on weather conditions and on the weekends or to car shows. This car has not seen rain since I have owned it and I try my best to keep it that way. It stays underneath my carport with a nice car cover on top of it 90% of the time. I have all of the stock parts to go along with the car aside from the wheels and tires and the factory exhaust. I have a Marti Report for the Mustang that will go to the new owner and a clean Autocheck (same as Carfax) as well. 100% clean and clear NC title in hand. The price is $10,000 OBO. You just don't find factory 5.0 Fox Body coupe cars in this shape any more. Please don't hesitate to call or text me if you have any questions. I've done my best to list everything but I'm sure I'm forgetting something. My number is (828)51Four-31Five0. Thank you and god bless!

https://hickory.craigslist.org/cto/4682443633.html

Listed in the VIN project:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info172263.htm
Old 10-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Clean car.

Interesting to see this pop up for sale so quickly after the current owner just purchased it recently for roughly half his current asking price...
Old 10-06-2014, 06:43 PM

Yes I just sold her a couple of months ago.
He said how he loved it and never would sell and now he is trying to flip it. I'm hurt and miss her. He made me believe him about how he keep her stock. He even drove it home in the rain. Read the post about the rain.
I missed judged his character and substance or I would have never sold her.