Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:39 AM

Default 1991 possible SSP?

not my ad, just found this. it's VIN are 1facp40e5mf179107

as stated on the details, "THIS CAR WAS ORDERED FOR SC HIGHWAY PATROL BUT CAME IN AS AUTOMATIC AND THEY ORDERED 5 SPEED.THIS CAR CAME FROM THE FACTORY FLASHING HEADLIGHT S AND WIRING FOR A SIREN. THE CARPET IS STAINED A LITTLE BUT I'M GOING TO PUT IN BRANDNEW CARPET ANY QUESTION CALL ME 706-691-5909. THE MAN WHO WORKED ON MY CAR SAID THIS CAR WAS A POLICE PACKAGE BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I WOULD KNOW ALL I KNOW WHAT IS DIFFERENT IT HAD DIFFERENT WHEELS FROM THE FACTORY AND I WANTED THE FIVE STAR PONY WHEELS AND THEY EXCHAGED THEM FOR ME PLUS HAVING FLASHING HEADLIGHT WIRING FOR A SIREN AND SIREN SPEAKER STILL ATTACHED MAKES ME WONDER."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...m=281950102568
Proud owner of the vehicles:
1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit
1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion)
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD
2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI
Old 03-01-2016, 11:06 AM

I would be cautious as to it being a SSP. From what I can see the car only has a 2 digit DSO, no oil cooler, or ground straps on the hood. I am not sure if that is a kill switch on the center counsel, or if they came with sport seats. Don’t see a relocated trunk release, but it could be because the steering wheel is in the way on the photo. Maybe I am overlooking it, but I don’t see the vin listed in the project either. It does have a 160 speedo, and blue radiator hose. Not trying to cut the car down, just trying to help decipher if it is/were a SSP. Very nice looking car!
Old 03-01-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urustyone View Post
I would be cautious as to it being a SSP. From what I can see the car only has a 2 digit DSO, no oil cooler, or ground straps on the hood. I am not sure if that is a kill switch on the center counsel, or if they came with sport seats. Don’t see a relocated trunk release, but it could be because the steering wheel is in the way on the photo. Maybe I am overlooking it, but I don’t see the vin listed in the project either. It does have a 160 speedo, and blue radiator hose. Not trying to cut the car down, just trying to help decipher if it is/were a SSP. Very nice looking car!
Had it been part of a small batch of VINs (<3), it would not show up in the Project. But this car is not a SSP. The 2-digit DSO number proves that. The speedo and blue hose were likely changed out.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 03-01-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Had it been part of a small batch of VINs (<3), it would not show up in the Project. But this car is not a SSP. The 2-digit DSO number proves that. The speedo and blue hose were likely changed out.
Thanks!! good info to know in the future.