Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:04 PM

Ok thank you for the info.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:25 PM

Well i talked to ohp today and just so happens the guy i talked to his partner drove one he said he thinks ohp only had two he said he'll have his partner call me next week
Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 PM

Wow! only two???
Proud owner of the vehicles:
1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit
1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion)
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD
2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI
Old 03-31-2012, 11:11 PM

Thats what the man said
Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 PM

ok my buck tag states paint doors and roof white remainder black so if i painted it all black but the roof and doors would this be the correct thing to do as im not doing a agency resto.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 AM

I think you're asking how it should look. My suggestion is to refer to below. The first link takes you to this websites' In-Service Pic Gallery for Oklahoma and indicates it is a 1985. One item of note when looking at it you can see the panel between the door and the rear wheel is also white.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ages/OK/OK.jpg

Also in your other thread on this car a pic was posted too http://www.specialservicemustang.net...light=Oklahoma that happens to show the opposite side of one. Scoll down an you'll see the picture. As in the other pic that panel between the door and rear wheel is white too.

I think these are good references you could utilize.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdan View Post
ok my buck tag states paint doors and roof white remainder black so if i painted it all black but the roof and doors would this be the correct thing to do as im not doing a agency resto.
I see what your trying to say. I will admit, when I first saw the in-service pics of your car I was not crazy about how they continued the white rearward of the doors to a point above the rear wheel opening. It kinda throws off the lines of the car. I wonder what their reasoning for doing this was? Maybe so they could distinguish it from TX cars? And was this an after thought once they recieved the car from Ford or was it done at the factory? I think if you just did the doors, roof and the lower body section between the door and the rear wheel that would look okay. But in the end, Its your car to do with what you please. You can always change your mind down the road.

edit: odds are, that original pictures is your actual car! Thats pretty cool too! Given if there were actually only 2 OK cars.
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD

Last edited by chism; 04-05-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chism View Post
I see what your trying to say. I will admit, when I first saw the in-service pics of your car I was not crazy about how they continued the white rearward of the doors to a point above the rear wheel opening. It kinda throws off the lines of the car. I wonder what their reasoning for doing this was? Maybe so they could distinguish it from TX cars? And was this an after thought once they recieved the car from Ford or was it done at the factory? I think if you just did the doors, roof and the lower body section between the door and the rear wheel that would look okay. But in the end, Its your car to do with what you please. You can always change your mind down the road.

edit: odds are, that original pictures is your actual car! Thats pretty cool too! Given if there were actually only 2 OK cars.
edit 2: As I'm getting some coffee feeding my brain now. I just had a thought. What if you go ahead and paint the roof and doors white like you said, and then did a vinyl wrap or magnet for the white on the rear quarters? Just a thought.
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdan View Post
Although the original paint markings look unusual, there's nothing wrong with returning the car to its original color scheme. There are other options, too. As I said previously, you could repaint the car all-black if you're looking to make it a driver. As another possible option, a member here named rocketscience repainted his CHP Mustang with just a white roof and black body, as seen towards the end of this thread:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2792

Just don't paint this one yellow!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:20 PM

No yellow on this one lol idk its still a ways off i dont want the all black it'll just look like a nother stang