Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:08 AM

Default 1993 Claimed CHP EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...item35b1afbfbd
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 AM

Interesting. The redone seats came out well, although the window tint really makes the interior color look different.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:11 AM

I would like this one but with 158K I figure an engine rebuild would be needed. $1300 shipping too. But Ca cars should have perfect body condition, I just got my Bronco from there. Anyone have any idea what a fair offer would be?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:33 PM

I can see some marks in the paint to. I bet it would take 10K to really bring this back. Too much I think
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM

The seller has come up to me numerous times when I've showed my car in Southern Cal. Talking with him he seems knowledgeable about these cars so if this is a genuine article then I'm surprised there's no photos or mention of buck tags, door sticker or ID #'s in his ad.

The door window tint is illegal in CA but a common sight on cars in areas where the police are too overworked to be bothered with it. Also, you'd have to lose those door moldings if you want a correct restoration.

Concerning the mileage, there are at least three CHP Mustangs restos from that area that have over 200k on the original motors and the owners all report they are still running strong so I wouldn't sweat the 158k right off the bat.

Man, I'm diggin' that spare for sure!
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 PM

I asked for pics of tags but no answer yet, I will put them here if he sends them.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
The seller has come up to me numerous times when I've showed my car in Southern Cal. Talking with him he seems knowledgeable about these cars so if this is a genuine article then I'm surprised there's no photos or mention of buck tags, door sticker or ID #'s in his ad.

The door window tint is illegal in CA but a common sight on cars in areas where the police are too overworked to be bothered with it. Also, you'd have to lose those door moldings if you want a correct restoration.

Concerning the mileage, there are at least three CHP Mustangs restos from that area that have over 200k on the original motors and the owners all report they are still running strong so I wouldn't sweat the 158k right off the bat.

Man, I'm diggin' that spare for sure!
Mine has in the neighbourhood of 178k or around there. Car runs solid, no blue. Only dead now due to bad fuel pump. Have new one and tank going in, car has been sitting for about 2 years now since I have had it. Can't wait to get it on the road and take it for a good drive.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:24 AM

Default Re: 1993 CHP car that was on Ebay

Charlie,

The car with 158,000 miles that you are talking about is mine. I also have one with 135,000 miles on it too. If you are interested or have any questions regarding the mechanical condition of my 2 1993 CHP mustangs for sale, feel free to call me at 310 696 9425. Thanks, Josh