Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:01 AM

Exclamation 1FACP40E1NF165027 SSP?

I have this mustang which VIN is listed on the SSM as a Special Service Mustang and I never new about it. VIN 1FACP40E1NF165027 is my mustang VIN and is listed as a SSP is that correct?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:37 AM

Hi Regi - Welcome to the forum!

Looking at our VIN page for 92 cars, the VIN for your 92 Mustang is contained within a consecutive unit number batch of 6 cars, which are all V8 notchbacks. Most of the VIN's listed on that page are not SSP Mustangs, but we've gathered information on consecutive VINs because SSP's tended to be produced in batches (not always). Those cars that are confirmed as SSP's are clickable links. Here's a quote from the introduction page to our VIN Project:

Quote:
Welcome to the Special Service Mustang.net VIN Project. Below are links to the Consecutive Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) lists separated by year. Normally, Special Service Mustangs were assigned consecutive numbers when the order was processed and scheduled for build by Ford. Therefore, for those trying to identify SSP Mustangs by VIN, this data could be helpful. It is important to remember, though, that finding a VIN in the list does NOT confirm that the car was an SSP. The VINs contained are consecutively numbered, but there may be randomly produced, regular production vehicles that made it into the data (limited to batches of 3). Conversely, there may be SSPs in small orders (one or two cars total) that didn't make it into the data. Additionally, there may be other fleet or special-ordered (non-SSP) groupings in the data. Finally, orders have been seen split into separate "batches", whether by Ford or by the agency ordering at different times. These separate batches would have different DSO orders, and consecutive VINS, but would not be grouped together. The VINs with known supporting documentation are clickable. This is a work-in-progress and will be continually updated.
Does your car have a 2-digit or 6-digit DSO number written on the door's VIN label? Are there two Buck Tags on the radiator support, and if so what do they say? There are other SSP clues that you can learn about in our technical sections. You can also order a Marti Auto Works report for your VIN that will list the options. Let us know what you find out.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 AM

Review here as it will help you with some things to look at on the car...

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/Technical.html

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 04-14-2016, 11:16 PM

Default mustang lx 5.0lx stolen

Guys i got my mustang stolen in Montreal. VIN 1facp40e1nf165027. i would realt like to get it back. thanks for keeping an eye out
Old 04-15-2016, 02:57 PM

Sorry to hear that. My 2006 Mustang GT car was stolen, but it was later found after the insurance company paid me for it. I did not try to buy it back when it went to auction. I hope you are able to be reunited with your car.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!