Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 AM

Talking Finally activated!! Hello fellow SSP members 89 NHP SSP notch

First off glad to be here! I have just recently received a 1989 5.0 lx notchback SSP. NHP DSO 53-0513. I'm am new to the world of mustangs but I am hooked. After doing my rehsearch and finding out about the SSP mustang world. I finally found a place to get away. So I have done basic searches and read many post on here before becoming a member just to help me determine weather I was SSP worthy. And after checking the door tag codes and finding the original buck tags near radiator and all the numbers matched on the car well I did back flips. No one in my family is into this kind of stuff so they had no share in excitement for me. Any way she is a 89 T5 manual Z axel code 3.08 I believe. It is white with what was blue interior but looks as tho someone tried to dye it black. Which I would prefer anyway . It has the mag light that flips down in center. Place for spot light. Also has two antennas. Has the black 10hole chrome center wheels with xxx body on tag but has black with blue stripe molding. And the dash is full of screw hole I'm sure where all the instruments went. So if you have any advise and knowledge of what peices could be missing I would like to restore this back to SSP condition and SHOW it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.4 KB, 73 views)
Old 10-11-2012, 01:23 AM

Hello and welcome. NHP as in Nevada Highway Patrol?

Did you introduce yourself in the "welcome" section? That is a great place to make your introduction. Otherwise you may go unnoticed for a bit.

I love my NHP SSP
Old 10-11-2012, 01:59 AM

Actually no. I thought this was new member section. Thanks for the info. Actually it's a Nebraska SSP how would I abbreviate that?

I'm excited for this project.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plauts_89LxSSP View Post
Actually no. I thought this was new member section. Thanks for the info. Actually it's a Nebraska SSP how would I abbreviate that?

I'm excited for this project.
Nebraska.....thats a good question. I don't know how to abbreviate that. "NEHP"?? I'm just bummed its not a Nevada car. I thought it would be cool for my car to have a relative. Oh well. Welcome to the sight. Lots of knowledge here. Enjoy.

I love my NHP SSP
Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 PM

I have seen other post with Nebraska cars that labeled them NHP. From what I have gathered there are not to many especially 89. Also I have yet to find one with the molding mine has with the blue stripe.
I'm hoping to find mine some relatives as well.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plauts_89LxSSP View Post
I have seen other post with Nebraska cars that labeled them NHP. From what I have gathered there are not to many especially 89. Also I have yet to find one with the molding mine has with the blue stripe.
I'm hoping to find mine some relatives as well.
The colored striping on the beltline moldings were discontinued by the factory after '88, replaced by a painted pinstripe up higher on the body for '89. Someone most likely added the striping to your car (or changed out the moldings to earlier ones) because they liked that look. I did the same thing and added striping to the moldings on my old '89 LX 'vert and while I bought the widest 3M tape available, it still was a bit narrower than the OEM, just as yours appears to be.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 PM

Awsome. Thanks Mac I am finding that not to many 89 NHP are still alive today. Glad I found a diamond in the ruff
Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Acroliolo
This message has been deleted by 28HopUp. Reason: SPAM