Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Negative. The TR package had a standard list of parts. You did not get to pick and choose which parts of the package that you did or did not want or wanted to substitute. Only the load rating of the springs and the valving of the struts and shocks changed, and that was due to different weights of TR package-equipped cars, i.e. different bodies, engines, transmissions, and options, it was not do to customer choice of what TR-package parts they wanted.
Well can you confirm if the TRX and TR package are the same or different?
Everywhere I read about it, it says "TRX" not TR. Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing?
I got that information out of: The Official Ford Mustang 5.0: Technical Reference & Performance Handbook, 1979-1993.
I'll check it out later and see if I'm mistaken.
But I remember reading it in the book.

Quote:
Ford ESP has nothing to do with suspension packages so I don't understand what you're asking.
What is Ford ESP?
So you're saying that after the CHP ordered the SSP car, they modified the suspension themselves?

What I was saying was, the TRX package was the predecessor of the GT package. The GT package was a standard list of items, all GTs were the same. The SSP (from what I remember reading) was a special order car. I'm not saying the SSP had special options, I'm saying that it was ordered special with all the options available. Which may not included the same options as a mustang sitting at a Ford dealership at the time.

I'd like to look up what I'm referring to, no point on going off of my memory. I can quote out of the book, and we can deceiver its meaning.

Quote:
That is not a factory setup but I guess you already know that.
Well I'm thinking it is stock. That's why I'm posing this question.
This is not eBay, no one makes parts for the 79-86 range.
This was put on by A) Ford, or B) CHP in 1983/4 when they purchased the SSP.
This car seems to be super original, nothing has been changed.
Things that were damaged have been replaced, IE: Dash top, Seats. That could have been changed by the dept, considering every mustang has the dash top cracked by the sun, and the seats were known to wear out.

There's no reason for me to think some kid installed the rear coilover thing.
If you go search the internet, you wont find any coilover kit that looks like this. IE: one off, or maybe the last year of the TRX package they had a coilover option.

Since we have some conflicting information here, I'll do my homework again and get back to you.

Thanks for taking time to respond.