Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:02 PM

FYI - for all - Fred just sent the Marti report on the 87 he just picked up. Here it is for everyone to see/decode:

Looks like it was a fleet car ordered through McCollum Ford in Spokane - which is where all fleet bids/cars went that year and in 88. Unfortunately, doesn't say where the car was headed to - just that it was an AOD with the same optioned ordered by WSP and other agencies that year.

Fred - my guess - is that you likely have some writing on the firewall under the hood on the passenger side in silver or red paint pen with "LG" in the middle under the invoice # and above the in-service date for the car's warranty. See if it's there. If it is...that means that Leonard Griffin (LG) did your PDI prior to it being sent to the agency.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 PM

As for Marlin's 87...it's heading in for paint here in 2 weeks. After that is unknown. I may keep it for a bit. May sell it. Not sure. There's about 3-4 guys lined up ahead of you on the dibs list. LOL. Will keep you posted.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Max Wedge

Thanks Ryan for your superlative help!!! I think I have plenty.. of rigs ford the moment although I remember marlin taking his supertrooper to the car shows... Beautiful as it was and i am sure it will look even better after it gets some new duds... I will Tru and figure out this smartphone and post myself soon... Thanks again.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:17 AM

Ryan, thanks for posting up the Marti Report for Rico's 87. Here is the page in our VIN Project for the 87 -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info168930.htm

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!

Last edited by 28HopUp; 08-21-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: added a link