Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 AM

Pics of Fred's new 87 with the AOD - DSO shows it being an SSP out of the Seattle regional office. Same toggle switch setup for the wig wags as PCSD and WSP. Likely a county sheriff car:

Old 08-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Max Wedge

That's cool... But not on list of VINs??? Thanks Ryan for gettin this posted.. my brain freezes..lol
Old 08-12-2012, 01:37 AM

It's not on the list of known VINs that have been compiled - doesn't mean it's not an SSP - VIN #s are added all the time as we find them.

As for the pics - posted them up onto a public accessible photo site and linked to the forum. Fred...mail me any more pics you want up - will help you get them loaded.

Will be good to learn more about this car - and your 1990. Looking forward to more info as you get it.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Max Wedge

Thanks Ryan you and your friends are a tremendous help... And yes i got the dease!! Lol
Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Thanks Ryan you and your friends are a tremendous help... And yes i got the disease!! Lol
You're welcome. Heck...I have 5 now...so you got 3 more to go in order to catch up!!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Max Wedge

Wow.. 5 let's see who gets to the magnificent 7... Lol.. just joking... Hell I got lucky with my 1st one.. I plan to keep both... I still remember as if it were yesterday when I got pulled over in my dads Camaro (I was a car salesman. One time for the chevrolet dealership and I sold my dad a brand new one at the time) well I got pulled over by Stater and the WSP of course gave me a ticket as he left he said "nice Camaro" I was looking at the ticket and thinking I was going to get killed by my dad for speeding.. the WSP pulled out and took off that's when I saw in slow motion this Coupe (like a great white shark moving through the water) in full view I saw what I was looking for in a musclecar...... a 5.0 coupe Mustang and to boot a cop car.... That turned out to be harder than I thought...Well my 90 I found in the hood in a gangster iinfested area and this 87 I just traded straight across for a 4x4 pickup... I liked that deal..sorry for the long winded story.. that is how I became a diehard fordman and a SSPer too. Thanks for reading.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:03 AM

A funny side note for everyone. When I bought the PCSD car from Fred...we started talking about the trooper that pulled Fred over - which ended up being Marlin Workman - who still lives in Yakima. And oddly enough - through my purchases over the years, I have Marlin's old 87 WSP Mustang. Which...when we talked - we think that was about the time Fred got his ticket as mentioned above. So...long story short - I have the car that pulled Fred over all the years ago that fueled his passion for SSPs. Circle of life = complete. LOL.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
So...long story short - I have the car that pulled Fred over all the years ago that fueled his passion for SSPs. Circle of life = complete. LOL.
Ryan/Fred, that is just too cool!! Good luck with the car. I love the gray ones.

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Max Wedge

That story is a story that I have shared with my boys and now read Ryans portion to complete my story just now to them... It was cool... It most definatly fueled my passion for the SSP's .. coming from a family that drank chevrolet... I have never looked back... I would like to keep the 87 stock and paint the 90 black and in white block lettering sticker "INTERCEPTOR" on rear deck... Would love to make it my mad max pursuit rig.. thanks Ryan for helping me relive my life changing memory.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Max Wedge

Footnote.. Ryan let me know if your interested in selling your 87..