Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Other Mustangs/Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Mustangs/Miscellaneous For sale/Wanted/Parts-non SSP

Old 02-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Mustang Fan!

Default Feeler: 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed

I may be possibly selling my 88 5.0 5-speed notchback LX. It is fully loaded with all the options, brand new cd/usb radio player, (I also have the factory cassette) pwr windows, locks, cruise, ice cold a/c. heater, interior is in very good condition no cracks, no tears in the seats. new clutch about 35k ago. tires are matching and okay, rear disk brake conversion, shorty headers, cylinder heads, 3.55 gear ratio, no modifications are overkill. Engine looks stock. Dark shadow blue metallic paint, with smoke gray cloth interior. second owner, first was a close family friend who special ordered the car new. I just bought a brand new car, and cant afford to keep up to cars right now, and have a lack of space. I'm thinking around 4,000-5,000 but this is just a feeler ad, not 100% sure about this yet. Any offers, or comments? I'd like to know what a good price is. It's the car in my AVATAR, and on the Fotki album.

http://public.fotki.com/88stang/
Old 02-21-2014, 10:08 AM

Hi Brian!

Good luck with your sale! That California coupe is a nice looking car. I will spread the word...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:55 PM

Default 88

Brian, your coupe is super clean and a very desirable combination. Personally, I think you should be in the neighborhood of the 7500 price range as a good start. Original 5.0/5 speed coupes with zero rust, good running condition and shape typically fetch around this price range in basic unmodified condition. These cars are very sought after in this condition. Yours is a big plus due to its very documented ownership history and rare color. I wish you the best of luck, it's a super nice car and someone will surely be very happy when it's sold. You'll have no problems getting this car sold. Best of luck!