Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Other Mustangs/Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Mustangs/Miscellaneous For sale/Wanted/Parts-non SSP

Old 10-03-2014, 10:31 PM

Default 1985 Ford LTD (midsize) SSP custom project (Franklin Park)

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/4695775278.html

Quote:
It started out a Missouri state patrol car I believe it originally came from the Atlanta Georgia plant. these midsize versions are built on the same platform as the various different fox body platform cars like the mustang ,Fairmont, mark Vii, the Mercury Capri as well as others, and were designed for bob Bondurant of Bondurant school of driving he asked Ford for a Mustang that could seat five semi comfortable and the ltd midsize was the answer.
Its fitted with a 5.0 liter Windsor high output 302 cubic inch small block ford naturally aspirated little power horse. Exact mileage is unknown it has the 5 digit odometer
Automatic overdrive AOD transmission never had any issues I drove this car to Rockford and back every day for a whole season with no issues shifts good with power
The rear end is a ford 8.8 rear end and with what I believe is a 3.08 rear gear for high top speed it also has the 140 speedometer cause fox body fans know that 85 doesn't cut it
I gutted the interior it was going to all be done in medium gray but I have all the panels and trim I took off to prep the body it has seats in it the driver seat is a 91 Gt lumbar seat, it has no headliner or carpet, I took it out cause it was trashed but on the upside you can see the floors are good. It has a few dings and dents as a used car does
It needs front body panel fitment done, I added the front end off a 91 mustang LX and fenders and it looks awesome I haven't seen another one on the road and I frequent the Chicago classic car show scene but they don't fit exactly so some filler needs to be done to complete the four door mustang look it needs an ignition solenoid and inner bumper and some bodywork and paint and your good to go one small piece of rust through on the bottom of the passenger rear quarter
I have had this car for 7 years and enjoyed it as much as I could when I drove it I got all the attention my plan was to make a 93 cobra clone with four doors, cobra red with the medium grey interior it could be nice I also have a second cars worth of trim and interior trim as well as a second set of taillights I have the plastic broken out of the one on the driver's side rear also
Mechanically it is a driver, cosmetically it is a custom project, and just put a solenoid and an inner bumper and you're rolling. I'm sure you will enjoy this unique classic as much as I did

Email me if interested

Many pictures at the following link:

https://imageshack.com/a/eWPz/1