Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 AM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

Tom, the SSP count is up to 3 again with the addition of this car. The other non-SSP will be getting sold soon enough. so that I can assure the "BOSS" that we have room in the garage and storage for these.

I need to sell the other car so I can get a transmission or 2. I have enough parts to put together an engine for the 87 DPS in storage but no transmission. Not that it needs it right now.

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-01-2007, 09:58 PM
FlyinTiger's Avatar
FlyinTiger FlyinTiger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 337
Default

Glad to see it staying in the group, Matt. That is the only 4-eyed Nebraska that I know of.
__________________
Unit A-41
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

It needs work but it will be a work in progress... I will be driving it daily until the CHP car is complete. I am going to get some parts together on this. I have a lead on a lightbar and possible equipment for the car. But first thing is first. I need to get the deal completed and the car HERE!

There is some rust that needs to be taken care of and some paint work... I also have to trak down a passenger sider door panel in blue. It's got a tear.

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2007, 12:04 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

2403 miles later, $600.00 in gas and food the car is home now in Katy Texas... I borrowed Roman's trailer to go pick the car up and then trailered it back to Roamn's house last night. I drove the car from Lufkin to Katy 140 miles and it did just fine despite the miss. Pictures to come later today!

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2007, 10:12 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

Here are some pictures from today... The car is minus a catback but I have a OEM 180K mile take off from an 88 LX hatchback. I need to replace the mufflers but I will have that done and use some 2001 stainless ones. The car had a bad miss on the drive home and a HUGE stink! I think at some point a dog was kept in there!

The passenger side sun visor looks like it was chewed off kind of like the movie Turner and Hooch. I kind of wonder if that is what happened to the rear upper seat too. The car is really clean under all the dirt and the bits of surface rust here and there. The front is tweeked a bit and will just take some time before I get to that.

I replaced the spark plug ires at Roman's house hen I dropped off his trailer and the miss was still there. I changed the spark plugs today and NO MORE MISS one was really badly gunked up.

I can't wait to get the tweek fixed and put a paint job on it.

Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_001.JPG (94.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_002.JPG (89.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_003.JPG (86.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_004.JPG (52.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_005.JPG (66.1 KB, 68 views)
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

Here are some more... You can see when things are dirty and then clean. I am going to pull the carpet and seats and clean them and then go to town with FABREEZE. I need to get the dask a little more clean but I am not sure I can get that dirt off of it.

M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_006.JPG (168.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_007.JPG (106.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_008.JPG (133.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_009.JPG (115.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_0010.JPG (84.7 KB, 44 views)
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2007, 10:17 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

More here too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_0011.JPG (81.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_0012.JPG (147.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_0013.JPG (134.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_0014.JPG (119.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 86 Nebraska SSP_0015.JPG (109.4 KB, 41 views)
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2007, 10:17 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

That's a pretty rare car.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.