Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
All good information and ideas and you are right, unlawful access to NCIC is a no-no. I wasn't suggesting anyone do anything wrong or get someone else in trouble.

I'll see what more I can find out. If I can help anyone else with records, I'll do so.
We know...we got you covered.

Any help you could throw our way would be greatly appreciated!
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Sierras, N. CA
Posts: 272
Default

Hello Mac88,

Can't say for sure where that CHP area office is, but the carports look much like those in the back of the Los Banos office.

When you mention Highway 152 East of Los Banos and Dos Palos it brings back lots of memories. Having driven through there, you know how wide open and vast that area is. I (and 870255) spent most of our time out that way. I used to cover that entire area, East to the Madera County line, plus Highway 33 South through Firebaugh all the way to Mendota.

Occasionally we would work on Interstate 5 or on the West side of Highway 152, from the Santa Clara County line at Dinosaur Point to Los Banos. It depended on how many units were available that shift. They tried to have at least 4 for the area on day shift. There was one day shift where I was the only unit 10-8 for the entire area because of court, vacation, and illness.

It was a very different place from the urban areas and because of the Mustangs it was special. In looking back I remember it as one of the most enjoyable experiences I had.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Sierras, N. CA
Posts: 272
Default

Mac, regarding the red spotlight "warning', yes, that was one way to do it. Another way was to just pull up alongside and match the speed of another vehicle, and look over and give a nod. Or if someone was speeding but not enough for a cite pull up alongside and match their speed until they slow down, at which time you give the driver a stern look then accelerate away. All ways of giving a "white-door warning". I'm sure Mike and others in LE in this forum know all about these.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.