|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Really nice! And, it still has the motorcraft tag.
__________________
Unit A-41 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yep...I need to figure out how to decode those. 4EP had a thread on this, I think. The '83 CSP car came with the original, well-worn carb (with the tag), but the original 4180 was long gone on the TX car (and the '85 also).
I may have to rebuild this one, but it'll be a great reference for restoring the others. Bernie, Yours may be bigger, but it's not always size that matters.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
This one would work for your '84, but not for the '85. I believe the choke solenoid is different, but it probably could be swapped. The '85 model had an E5 part number due to the change. On a side note, my dad ran across my original dated spark plug wires form my '85 LX 5.0 hatch that I had years ago. I knew that I saved them for some reason.
__________________
Unit A-41 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
![]() I'll use this carb on one of the '83s, but it's great for detailing purposes for the '85 (and the other '83 that I rebuilt). I have a '85 carb (an E5ZE), and there is quite a bit of difference in the choke mechanism. In 1984, they changed some of the hot air plumbing to the choke, and in 1985, they added a diaphram for pull-down (I think they got rid of the cam and spring, but it's out in storage, and I don't remember).
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|