|
|||||||
| 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nice car !!!
I remember seeing those old radar guns on police cars growing up. Where did you find that ? Awesome ! Yes, giving you a hard time on your project, but I appreciate what you are doing. You are doing a great job on it. I am happy mine is done. It is a blast taking it to shows. I am even more happy for the fact that I had NO body work to do on mine. Very lucky ! A previous owner was a car restoration, body fender guy and took care of any imperfections on the car. Not even a door ding. My paint guy just had to sand and paint. I was lucky. At first I thought I had paid a little too much for the car, but then realized what it had saved me. Nothing like watching these cars being saved, and saved the right way. I can appreciate all of the work everyone is doing on their cars. I am just happy I didn't have to do that much work on my mine. I'd love to have another one or two, but just no time for more projects. Keep up the great work !!!
__________________
John 1992 CHP #E895201 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
so the painter had the car two years......
it turned out pretty slick. I am taking it to ISP headquarters in about a year. It will be done before that.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
1 more
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
another with some neighbors...
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
That's real purdy! In the last photo, which car is on the right?
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
1992 North Carolina HP
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
I forgot about that one. The shiny wheel threw me off...
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I had several conversations with some Idahoans today. I called the BMV and the kind lady in Idaho said she will look the car VIN to see what history they have on it. I gave her the oldest title number on record from the carfax and she said they will probably be able to provide a title showing the state as the owner because the title number I gave her will show the previous owner MSO or title info.
I also called ISP headquarters and talked with another really nice lady who said she will try to pull the in-service crash report from 1992 for me tomorrow. She said that if it involved an ISP vehicle they "should" have it archived. If so I will know the unit number and trooper assigned AND maybe get some in-service pictures as well. That request was put in writing and mailed to them today. Lastly I talked to the fleet manager Captain Sheldon Kelly at headquarters and he was very interested in my plans for the car. He advised that the white striping they use to mark the cars is the same now as it was in 1986 and he is going to put me in touch with the fleet supervisor that marks the current fleet so I can get the striping. He is looking forward to seeing the car at ISP headquarters next year. I have a few things to get accomplished in the barn before I start reassembling the car but I am hoping to get started around the end of the month.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Did you ever color in Milton
I sent it to you back in 07 Well?
__________________
Disclaimer What you see here may not be that of the original author this includes but is not limited to text either in whole or part |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
not yet but I still have that one. I will most likely frame it and put it on the wall in the shop.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|