|
|||||||
| Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=6310
Rather than clutter up a member's for sale listing, I thought I would ask in this thread since it is more tech related. What are the specific opinions of the repro Gatorbacks? (things like ride quality, mileage so far, wear?) I remember hearing that the first batch had issues (can anyone elaborate on them?). It sounds like the kinks may have been worked out, albeit their price is still high.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have heard nothing but good things about them Bill. Bear in mind that when these were used on patrol vehicles in the 80's and 90's they were total pieces of crap. I had them on several of my squads in the 80's and they were a terrible tire for patrol use....
that said.....they are probably still as bad as they were, but they are the only game in town if you want to put the correct tire on your SSP. As little as they will be driven on I would not hesitate to buy them. I will add that only an idiot would put a set of 25 year old gatorbacks on a car and drive over 20 MPH on them. You are asking for trouble if you do.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|