Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 04-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Hurst7t9's Avatar
Hurst7t9 Hurst7t9 is offline
Hurst7t9
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Old Forge
Posts: 16
Default Progress update

In response to what I was using. Good old fashioned sanding. Purchased a D/A sander and used lots of 300 grit sandpaper. I probably have close to 40 hours of sanding in it, maybe more.
The hood, fenders, doors and trunk are painted. My buddy has the bumpers covers currently. When they are done, the car itself will get painted. The car is behind schedule but it is making progress. I'm now doing some of the mechanical repairs that weren't necessary for being road worthy but will increase it's looks and safety. Might as well while I'm waiting on paint for the main body. I've come to realize that every piece of rubber on this car is dry rotted. It'll get done. Divide and conquer. I'll post pictures soon.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.