PDA

View Full Version : 1993 SSP in California on Ebay

Charlie
05-31-2008, 12:07 AM
looks good, I have asked for bucktag photos today. see:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1993-Ford-Mustang-SSP-EX-CALIFORNIA-HWY-PATROL-1-OF-150_W0QQitemZ230257310776QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Trucks QQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230257310776&#ht_500wt_0

mac88chp
05-31-2008, 12:40 AM
It's the real deal. I ran the VIN through the CA state smog system and this car passed it's smog test at CHP Motor Transport in Apr. '97 which would be the approximate date it was run out and sold.

Charlie
05-31-2008, 04:01 AM
Ive been hoping to find a good one since I joined. Maybe I can get this one. Anyone have recommendation for transporting. I would need X-country to Connecticut. I see you have an 08 Bullitt Mac88. I have #667 myself. You know about imboc.com I assume. Thanks Charlie

SparkSVT
05-31-2008, 09:31 AM
nice looking car, and he is asking for top dollar because of it. I sometimes wish I paid the extra few thousand and bought one like this one instead of a lower priced one in poor condition. Too late now, mine is getting close to completed...

predator20
05-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Sometimes paying extra may not be worth it. Paint may look good in the pics, when it comes off the truck it's a different story. I'm not saying the one question is a bad car, but there have been cases where people buy them with the new paint or what appears to be good paint, and end up repainting it again.

FHP813
05-31-2008, 11:16 AM
If you are going to spend $9500 I would go see it in person or have someone look at it.

mac88chp
05-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Ive been hoping to find a good one since I joined. Maybe I can get this one. Anyone have recommendation for transporting. I would need X-country to Connecticut. I see you have an 08 Bullitt Mac88. I have #667 myself. You know about imboc.com I assume. Thanks CharlieYep, I've got #2132 and I post over there as "RoadDawg831." I'd go check out this '93 for you if I was closer but it's about 400 miles from me.

Vintageracer
05-31-2008, 07:12 PM
My lengthy experience with classic cars has taught me to expect to spend $1,000 on travel to look at cars for every $10,000 I am willing to spend on a particular type of car that I am searching for. Example, if I am willing to spend $20K on car, I budget $2K of that $20K for travel expenses to find the right car!

This works VERY well. The end result is that I have always bought a better car for less money when I would INVEST time and money in travel to look at type of car I wanted. I suggest to everyone who asks to invest $100-$200 in books, articles and information on the car they desire and read for hours any information you can find on websites devoted to the car you desire. Go look at EVERY particular car in which you are interested that is available locally or close to you even if you have NO intention of purchasing the car. You can learn a LOT by looking at lots of cars.

The money you spend on travel WILL be rewarded with your purchase of a better car. Inevitably you will find the one poor SOB with a superb car that must sell and you will buy a car worth far more money than the amount you invested in travel. I have yet to EVER spend more than my total purchase budget. The travel expenses get paid for with my purchase of a better car at a better price. It happens everytime!

The problem with this system is NOT that most buyers are unable to do this, it is that they are UNWILLING to do this! Most everyone wants the easy way out and are NOT willing to invest the time and energy to get a great car at a great price.

Airfare is STILL cheap!!! Fly or drive to look at the car of your dreams that you wish to purchase. Will you have some wild goose chases? Absolutely! Will you ultimately be rewarded with a nice car at a great deal? Absolutely!

It really boils down to the time and effort that YOU, the buyer, are willing to invest in your dream. You will be rewarded with the dollars when you buy a better car at a better price!

pgoffner
06-09-2008, 02:07 PM
My lengthy experience with classic cars has taught me to expect to spend $1,000 on travel to look at cars for every $10,000 I am willing to spend on a particular type of car that I am searching for. Example, if I am willing to spend $20K on car, I budget $2K of that $20K for travel expenses to find the right car!

This works VERY well. The end result is that I have always bought a better car for less money when I would INVEST time and money in travel to look at type of car I wanted. I suggest to everyone who asks to invest $100-$200 in books, articles and information on the car they desire and read for hours any information you can find on websites devoted to the car you desire. Go look at EVERY particular car in which you are interested that is available locally or close to you even if you have NO intention of purchasing the car. You can learn a LOT by looking at lots of cars.

The money you spend on travel WILL be rewarded with your purchase of a better car. Inevitably you will find the one poor SOB with a superb car that must sell and you will buy a car worth far more money than the amount you invested in travel. I have yet to EVER spend more than my total purchase budget. The travel expenses get paid for with my purchase of a better car at a better price. It happens everytime!

The problem with this system is NOT that most buyers are unable to do this, it is that they are UNWILLING to do this! Most everyone wants the easy way out and are NOT willing to invest the time and energy to get a great car at a great price.

Airfare is STILL cheap!!! Fly or drive to look at the car of your dreams that you wish to purchase. Will you have some wild goose chases? Absolutely! Will you ultimately be rewarded with a nice car at a great deal? Absolutely!

It really boils down to the time and effort that YOU, the buyer, are willing to invest in your dream. You will be rewarded with the dollars when you buy a better car at a better price!

VERY well said........I agree 100%

mac88chp
06-09-2008, 05:19 PM
No sale at $8,500 BIN. Now relisted with a reserve:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230260332995

MustangCop
06-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Am going to have the car inspected by SGS which is affiliated with ebay. They charge $100. to inspect but since I am in Texas it will nice to have an independant party inspect the car. Has anybody used SGS before?
Car looks real clean in the pictures and the owner sounds like a reputable person and one of us. He has CHP car himself.
Any advice as to any particulars to have them look at.

Officer Tom Kingery
Llano Police Dept. (TX)

MustangCop
06-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Before I had a chance to have it inspected, owner (Josh) called and said he received a $1000. deposit from another buyer. Maybe I will go look at the one in San Antonio.

MustangCop
06-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Did you see the bucktags?

looks good, I have asked for bucktag photos today. see:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1993-Ford-Mustang-SSP-EX-CALIFORNIA-HWY-PATROL-1-OF-150_W0QQitemZ230257310776QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Trucks QQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230257310776&#ht_500wt_0

MustangCop
06-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Car still for sale, other guy did not get financing.

Charlie
07-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Did you see the bucktags?

Just saw your post. No he never replied. Charlie

MustangCop
07-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Just saw your post. No he never replied. Charlie

Never got the buck tag info or information about the car being registered and insured so the Inspection Service could check the drivetrain. Am going to cancel the inspection again. Something is not right with that car, may have mechanical issues.
May go look at the one in San Antonio, but the Arizona SSP looks nice and the price is $3k lower.