Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:07 AM

Cool 1993 SSP in California on Ebay

looks good, I have asked for bucktag photos today. see:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...76&#ht_500wt_0
Old 05-31-2008, 12:40 AM

It's the real deal. I ran the VIN through the CA state smog system and this car passed it's smog test at CHP Motor Transport in Apr. '97 which would be the approximate date it was run out and sold.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 05-31-2008, 04:01 AM

Cool transport

Ive been hoping to find a good one since I joined. Maybe I can get this one. Anyone have recommendation for transporting. I would need X-country to Connecticut. I see you have an 08 Bullitt Mac88. I have #667 myself. You know about imboc.com I assume. Thanks Charlie
Old 05-31-2008, 09:31 AM

nice looking car, and he is asking for top dollar because of it. I sometimes wish I paid the extra few thousand and bought one like this one instead of a lower priced one in poor condition. Too late now, mine is getting close to completed...
Old 05-31-2008, 10:31 AM

Sometimes paying extra may not be worth it. Paint may look good in the pics, when it comes off the truck it's a different story. I'm not saying the one question is a bad car, but there have been cases where people buy them with the new paint or what appears to be good paint, and end up repainting it again.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 05-31-2008, 11:16 AM

If you are going to spend $9500 I would go see it in person or have someone look at it.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Ive been hoping to find a good one since I joined. Maybe I can get this one. Anyone have recommendation for transporting. I would need X-country to Connecticut. I see you have an 08 Bullitt Mac88. I have #667 myself. You know about imboc.com I assume. Thanks Charlie
Yep, I've got #2132 and I post over there as "RoadDawg831." I'd go check out this '93 for you if I was closer but it's about 400 miles from me.
1988 CHP #3035

Old 05-31-2008, 07:12 PM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

My lengthy experience with classic cars has taught me to expect to spend $1,000 on travel to look at cars for every $10,000 I am willing to spend on a particular type of car that I am searching for. Example, if I am willing to spend $20K on car, I budget $2K of that $20K for travel expenses to find the right car!

This works VERY well. The end result is that I have always bought a better car for less money when I would INVEST time and money in travel to look at type of car I wanted. I suggest to everyone who asks to invest $100-$200 in books, articles and information on the car they desire and read for hours any information you can find on websites devoted to the car you desire. Go look at EVERY particular car in which you are interested that is available locally or close to you even if you have NO intention of purchasing the car. You can learn a LOT by looking at lots of cars.

The money you spend on travel WILL be rewarded with your purchase of a better car. Inevitably you will find the one poor SOB with a superb car that must sell and you will buy a car worth far more money than the amount you invested in travel. I have yet to EVER spend more than my total purchase budget. The travel expenses get paid for with my purchase of a better car at a better price. It happens everytime!

The problem with this system is NOT that most buyers are unable to do this, it is that they are UNWILLING to do this! Most everyone wants the easy way out and are NOT willing to invest the time and energy to get a great car at a great price.

Airfare is STILL cheap!!! Fly or drive to look at the car of your dreams that you wish to purchase. Will you have some wild goose chases? Absolutely! Will you ultimately be rewarded with a nice car at a great deal? Absolutely!

It really boils down to the time and effort that YOU, the buyer, are willing to invest in your dream. You will be rewarded with the dollars when you buy a better car at a better price!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageracer View Post
My lengthy experience with classic cars has taught me to expect to spend $1,000 on travel to look at cars for every $10,000 I am willing to spend on a particular type of car that I am searching for. Example, if I am willing to spend $20K on car, I budget $2K of that $20K for travel expenses to find the right car!

This works VERY well. The end result is that I have always bought a better car for less money when I would INVEST time and money in travel to look at type of car I wanted. I suggest to everyone who asks to invest $100-$200 in books, articles and information on the car they desire and read for hours any information you can find on websites devoted to the car you desire. Go look at EVERY particular car in which you are interested that is available locally or close to you even if you have NO intention of purchasing the car. You can learn a LOT by looking at lots of cars.

The money you spend on travel WILL be rewarded with your purchase of a better car. Inevitably you will find the one poor SOB with a superb car that must sell and you will buy a car worth far more money than the amount you invested in travel. I have yet to EVER spend more than my total purchase budget. The travel expenses get paid for with my purchase of a better car at a better price. It happens everytime!

The problem with this system is NOT that most buyers are unable to do this, it is that they are UNWILLING to do this! Most everyone wants the easy way out and are NOT willing to invest the time and energy to get a great car at a great price.

Airfare is STILL cheap!!! Fly or drive to look at the car of your dreams that you wish to purchase. Will you have some wild goose chases? Absolutely! Will you ultimately be rewarded with a nice car at a great deal? Absolutely!

It really boils down to the time and effort that YOU, the buyer, are willing to invest in your dream. You will be rewarded with the dollars when you buy a better car at a better price!

VERY well said........I agree 100%
Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 PM

No sale at $8,500 BIN. Now relisted with a reserve:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230260332995
1988 CHP #3035