Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:04 PM
It is what it is.

I am curious why almost every post on this site lately is negative? This is supose to be a hobby...for fun. Why must we tear everyone or car down? Each person has their idea about what certain terms mean. We are not all rich, we all do not have lives that revolve around garage decorations. We do what we can with what we have and will eventually pass it on to someone else down the road. The FHP car is better off than it was 2 months ago, 2 years ago, probably 10 years ago. The seller stated as soon as he got he was going to sell it since it was used as a trade for a used car. He brought it to the point for someone to enjoy and to finish if they choose.

I agree everyone is intitled to their opinion. But let us remember that the new owner may come to this site and join only to see all these negative comments about his/her car....what a welcome to a new member.

We all talk about helping each other, so let's do that...not keep bashing one another.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 11-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTLOSE View Post
I am curious why almost every post on this site lately is negative? This is supose to be a hobby...for fun. Why must we tear everyone or car down? Each person has their idea about what certain terms mean. We are not all rich, we all do not have lives that revolve around garage decorations. We do what we can with what we have and will eventually pass it on to someone else down the road. The FHP car is better off than it was 2 months ago, 2 years ago, probably 10 years ago. The seller stated as soon as he got he was going to sell it since it was used as a trade for a used car. He brought it to the point for someone to enjoy and to finish if they choose.

I agree everyone is intitled to their opinion. But let us remember that the new owner may come to this site and join only to see all these negative comments about his/her car....what a welcome to a new member.

We all talk about helping each other, so let's do that...not keep bashing one another.

Wow...almost every post lately on this site is negative? You need to check your facts.

The FHP car, being passed around by the same few who have become famous for this, is not better off than it was before. Stubes was on the right track with the car, and the same may be said for whoever owned it after him (I have no idea who that is, just going by what Russ posted). However, being passed around and flipped is not my idea of "good" for it.

The recent practice of buying and selling and flipping the same cars over and over again does nothing but add to the volatility of the market. Putting the FHP car on eBay, just to sell it, is another example of this. Who knows where it will end up now?

If the new owner shows up here, and hasn't gotten drunk from the Kool-Aid serving, chalk-outline-flag waving siren tooters in the hobby, he/she will be welcomed and helped to fix whatever might be wrong with the car.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Wow...almost every post lately on this site is negative? You need to check your facts.

The FHP car, being passed around by the same few who have become famous for this, is not better off than it was before. Stubes was on the right track with the car, and the same may be said for whoever owned it after him (I have no idea who that is, just going by what Russ posted). However, being passed around and flipped is not my idea of "good" for it.

The recent practice of buying and selling and flipping the same cars over and over again does nothing but add to the volatility of the market. Putting the FHP car on eBay, just to sell it, is another example of this. Who knows where it will end up now?

If the new owner shows up here, and hasn't gotten drunk from the Kool-Aid serving, chalk-outline-flag waving siren tooters in the hobby, he/she will be welcomed and helped to fix whatever might be wrong with the car.
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2301

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2308

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...7016#post17016

The above three (One is this forum.) are just in the last two days...and the 1 minute it took me to find them.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 11-21-2009, 07:11 PM

Well, the first 2 are about the same car, and the third one is about a car that was made into a racecar. Something that the majority here don't approve of. If calling BS is being negative I guess we're negative.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 PM

I have to agree Mike. This site does seem to turn people off with the nastiness and bitterness. Im not trying to be a jerk or take sides, im simply posting my opinion.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:00 PM

Wow ! That's quite the SSP Sparks !
Old 11-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkSVT View Post
I have to agree Mike. This site does seem to turn people off with the nastiness and bitterness. Im not trying to be a jerk or take sides, im simply posting my opinion.
No prob, Chris....you are free to do so here.

Nastiness and bitterness aside, not everybody has the same opinion. When people come to this site and talk up someone, they can expect to hear an opposing opinion if one exists.

Personally, I'm not bitter....I just call out the BS (just like I did with you once on the other site). No hard feelings.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-21-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
It's a reference to this site. NET
Thank you...now I get it. Didn't put that together before.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 11-21-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
No prob, Chris....you are free to do so here.

Nastiness and bitterness aside, not everybody has the same opinion. When people come to this site and talk up someone, they can expect to hear an opposing opinion if one exists.

Personally, I'm not bitter....I just call out the BS (just like I did with you once on the other site). No hard feelings.
Mike well said but I have some more to add.

I can asure you that people come here for the SOLE purpose to stir up crap just like the jerk with the 2000 hp FHP car. I would bet money he was referred to this site also. He was dealt with appropriately as will be the next person like him that shows up.

When someone comes on here singing the praises of someone that IMO is an absolute fraud to this hobby I will always speak my mind. You might disagree with me and that is ok. But if I have to read your love and kisses "he is a great guy" crap then you get to read mine. I have a different opinion and it's from personal experience.

What I find interesting is the fact that people claim to abhore the negativity, then jump right in with their own. You can't have it both ways. If you log onto this web site and are offended by the attitudes of the moderators towards ricky racers, car flipping MAGMs, or greedy gougers I don't know what to say to you. It isn't going to change and a large percentage of the core members here are all on the same page.

If you like .org better great. Hang out there and enjoy it. Leave us to enjoy what we have here.

Lastly if you are offended by my post I apologise as it isn't meant to be personal towards any of our members.

sparks I like your avatar. I sent her my address........

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP