Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:18 AM

Default 1993 SSP Mustang...anyone know what these tags are?

Does anyone have an idea where this Mustang was from. The manufacture tag shows "OSO Police"

See listing here: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LA police tag.jpg (105.9 KB, 152 views)
Old 11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Admin

It's a government car (DSO 83).

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-17-2009, 11:10 PM

Default Post Office Cars ?

I own VIN #'s 614, 617, and 623 all of which were owned by the USPS and used by Postal Inspectors. This car along with the other one (listed on dealers website) just came out of service within the last two weeks.
Post Office cars were gently used. No high speed chases, no curb jumping, no countless hours just sitting with the engine idleing. Makes them a wise choice when looking for an SSP IMO.

Also, NO rust California cars !
Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 AM

That is amazing that they were used in service for so long. Thanks for the information.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:50 PM

Default Delivered

Picked up my car on Wednesday and am very happy with it. It is super straight, clean, and completely original. I think Ford messed up when building it though - it has a hood insulator pad ! No, the hood was not replaced - all VIN tags in place.

Enough said about the FHP cars. I can say that the seller of the FHP on .ORG is a great guy. He is honest, very fair, and represents what he sells well. Just because he only owned the car for two months does it mean he can't advertise it as "restored" ? Two months is sufficient time to restore a car especially if the body and paint are completed.

I owned several SSP's and will say that the nicest ones are the USPS cars, and of course the 90 NY car that never went to service. All other that saw real police service were worn out, hammered cars ! Nobody is fooling anyone, Nobody has a "PERFECT" SSP that saw service. Lets just restore "them" and have fun ! Isn't that what it's all about ?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Admin

Of course, your cars are the nicest ones, since they didn't see "harsh" service?

There are plenty of DSO 83 cars out there that didn't see normal police service. I'm sure there's plenty of other DSOs out there that weren't thrashed, either.

The seller from ORG is just that; a car dealer. He can advertise what he sells however he chooses. We are free to express our opinions here, and will continue to do so.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-21-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPS SSP View Post
Just because he only owned the car for two months does it mean he can't advertise it as "restored" ? Two months is sufficient time to restore a car especially if the body and paint are completed.
Paint and bodywork DOES NOT constitute a "restored" car my friend. The 86 in my garage has all of the paint and bodywork complete and is VERY far from restored.

Restore: To bring back to or put back into a former or original state.
As far as I know The mustang didn't come from the factory with ripped seats.

Stubes: No knock on what you started to do, and did to the car but unfortunately your attention to detail was not continued on when you sold the car. I think if you are buying cars to freshen up and flip the importance of the small (and very time consuming) details are overlooked.
My .02

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:36 PM

Plus 1 on what Mike and Bernie said.

after awhile it can be predictable. You can almost set your clock by when the next "unfortunate life event" is going to happen, requiring the sale of your latest aquisition. To each his own.

Jeff,

No offense to you but the Kool aid Kid from Keene got outed long ago. He doesn't "restore" cars, he makes cosmetic improvements and flips them. He can do what he wants, it really is insignificant to the big picture and not worthy of debate. He doesn't participate here but would certainly appreciate your glowing comments on org. Actually his very soul cries out for them ... I can hear him now....

Look at me....look at me...... look at me......please look at me....

Russ,

Knowbody is doubting your work or your focus. It's just the latest case of someone taking credit for someone elses hard work. The list just keeps growing.....

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 11-21-2009, 06:40 PM

Default Restoration

Let me tell you something. I have been in the body shop business for more than 25 years, and have been in business for myself for more than 10 years. The most time intensive and expensive part of any restoration is the body and paint work. Having that completed the rest is easy if you have the necessary parts to put the car together. And lets not forget the seller has restored many, many SSP Mustangs ! That car was as restored as any other advertised restored car is plain and simple.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:44 PM

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I guess the restored cars I've seen are super restored because EVERY piece of the car was replaced or refinished. That is what I would call restored.

PS The "sellers" shop crew restored all of those cars.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.