Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Question Does anyone know anything about FHP # 561?

I'm trying to find out info on a 1993 marked FHP SSP. I'm being told by the Owner (Seller) that it was/is Unit # 561.

I thought all marked FHP's had a (4) digit identifier while in service - meaning, instead of "561" is it possible this is # 0561? Is that an incorrect assumption?

The car is a 1993 and here's what I have noted:

retains original BUC tags per owner
retains original speedo cluster
Owner says 2-piece VASCAR cable is on this vehicle
retains original spotlight
retains original oil cooler setup
appears to retain most if not all VIN decals (from what I can see from the pics I was sent)
Owner has original light bar (not mounted)
trunk release button is under steering column to left of wheel

The owner seems to be nice (via emails), but states he does not want to deal w/ "time wasters", so trying to get the BUC tag info, VIN and any further info about this unit has been not as successful as I had hoped. This is why I'm on here asking if anyone can offer up any info if they can, or if they know anything about this SSP from any FHP docs that some of you pros might have... He has sent me some pics of the car, it's in very good condition and needs some TLC, but, nothing major at all (ie: body is clean, straight, etc - while interior needs some TLC, but again nothing major - and engine bay is pretty clean despite the car having over 100k miles).

If anyone can help or add some info, it's surely appreciated.

Thanks!
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP
Old 11-11-2010, 11:35 PM

I've seen it both ways. The tag and the roof numbers.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 AM

So, if the unit # 561 is indeed "real", would anyone know about where this vehicle was or might of been stationed in FL while in service?

I've searched all available online FHP SSP pics on both SSP sites, and by random googling as well - and the closest I have come to that unit # is in the #57x range. Based on the 57x's I come across, some had State plates which said "Troop D".

Did certain Troops have consecutive unit # SSP's within their group, or do the unit # not tie back to any specific Troop?
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP
Old 11-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Jet View Post
So, if the unit # 561 is indeed "real", would anyone know about where this vehicle was or might of been stationed in FL while in service?

I've searched all available online FHP SSP pics on both SSP sites, and by random googling as well - and the closest I have come to that unit # is in the #57x range. Based on the 57x's I come across, some had State plates which said "Troop D".

Did certain Troops have consecutive unit # SSP's within their group, or do the unit # not tie back to any specific Troop?
I've seen consecutive numbers within troops, but it could have been random (or not).

It's a good question; I'd call them and ask.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Admin

Scratch my last....looked at the in-service list Jim Y. got from Jim B. awhile back. It looks completely random.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM

post the vin if you have it.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
post the vin if you have it.
I'll try and get it - seller is nice, but as I said, he's not wanting to divulge too much via emails, as he thinks it's "wasting time" - but in the same instance, niether of us are close enough physically (probably at least 2hrs+ or so apart distance wise) to just drop everything and meet up to review the car in person just to see the VIN, BUC & DSO info.

I've asked the pertinent questions - received some pics and the info I posted above (so far). No VIN or DSO info was given, even though I did ask (and was told both BUC tags are still attached). I'm not trying to waste his (or anyone's) time, but, due to the distance, I'm sure others would agree that trying to get such info via email is at this point, the best method (and really should not be all that "painful" if the seller wants to sell).

Based on his responses, it seems he's dealt with his fair share of "tire kickers" in the past and I guess feels that if anyone is asking a bunch of questions, they're really not "serious" about buying anything... LOL. He has told me he does have paperwork, but has not elaborated as to exactly what he has for the car.

I'll keep this updated if I get any forward progression... I'm hoping I can find out more, without him feeling like I'm being too forceful.

Am I going about this all wrong? LOL!
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP
Old 11-12-2010, 06:18 PM

I own 1993 #801 and can help you if you have any year-specific questions. ditto the vin as stated above - it will tell you what you need to know.

If it were me, I would chance making the seller a little upset in order to make sure you aren't wasting your time either. It doesn't take long to write down a few numbers and forward them via e-mail. Good luck!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:50 PM

you need the vin to run a car fax. if the seller will not supply it then I wouldn't waste another second on the car.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
you need the vin to run a car fax. if the seller will not supply it then I wouldn't waste another second on the car.
+1....trust your instincts with the seller if they choose to not provide certain info. Even if it's all there and legit, too many others out there that you don't need to go through all of that with.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/